Monday, December 21, 2020

Happiness

L made this puzzle for dad for Christmas.  I gave him markers and he did little colorful scribbles and narrated as he went along.  I added his descriptions.  In the end he said he was willing to do the hand tracing that I had initially suggested.  I think it's great.
L found a scrap of tissue paper and was having a lot of fun with how it floated in the air.  He asked me to make it into a kite so I taped a piece of fishing string onto it.  A magical kite was born.  It really floats so well as he walks back and forth in the house.  He tells me he is so glad I made him a nice kite.  I'm glad he is able to have a vision and get help.  

He asked me to draw eyes on it so I drew 2 circles.  They were not the eyes he meant.  He wanted one large blue circle like a ghost/spirit in Legend of Cora.  So I gave him a marker and let him try.  He poked a hole in his kite : (   Fortunately, it was very easy to make a new kite and draw a blue circle on it.  He was consoled and so happy with the new kite.  

I am amused that a scrap of tissue paper can bring this much joy.  But L has a gift of strong emotions.  He loves little things mightily.  We love him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment